5 Day DIY Kitchen Remodel
Get inspired and take action to renew your kitchen at an affordable price when you choose to do-it-yourself. Select our 5 Day DIY Kitchen Remodel course Monday to Friday and receive the following classes:
- Kitchen Inspiration Workshop
- Installing Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Electrical
Introduction to Tiling
- Introduction to Flooring
- Introduction to Finishing Carpentry
- Kitchen Plumbing and Countertops
Prepping to start demo'ing your kitchen can seem like a daunting task. But if you take your time to learn all the in's and out's and the tips and tricks first, your renovation project is well on it's way to be a success.
If you are looking to learn to install from real professionals with practical renovation knowledge (and not from online videos) and you're up to the challenge, then this is the workshop for you. We have taken all of our favorite homeowner class topics and packaged everything together into 5 concentrated days for you to maximize your effort on getting your kitchen renovation started.
Kitchen Inspiration Workshop - from pictures to styles to colors to layouts, this workshop is packed with juicy tidbits to get your creative juices started.
Installing Kitchen Cabinets Topics:
- cabinet assembly - from a flat pack package to all put together. A little practice goes a long way.
- laying out and planning - what to think about when you start looking at your space.
- measuring and leveling - proper measuring to fit all the cabinets that you want is crucial at the beginning of your planning.
- prepping the cabinets to install
- reference points when starting to hang - getting it right
- mounting and hanging the cabinets - tips and tricks from veteran carpenters who have been mounting cabinets for years that will save you time and frustration.
Kitchen Electrical Topics:
- Gain the skills and knowledge to feel confident to complete your home electrical project.
- Tips and methods for working with cable, boxes, switches, and outlets.
- All the necessary tools for planning your home electrical projects.
- Electrical safety
- Reading wiring diagrams
- Electrical code rules
- Practical, hands-on exercises:
- Using testing equipment to measure for voltage
- Installation of receptacles, counter, microwave, fridge, general
- Installation of SPST switch/3-way
- Most important, do's and don'ts of homeowner's electrical safety.
Kitchen Plumbing & Countertops Topics:
- hands-on training of installing the faucet, hooking up the sink and plumbing in the drain and dishwasher.
- what you need to know if you are purchasing quartz or granite.
- laminate counter top discussion
Home Improvement Topics:
- Introduction to Tiling – steps and tips and tricks.
Introduction to Finishing Carpentry - baseboards and casing: outside corners, inside corners, mitres!
- Introduction to Flooring - vinyl plank flooring is a popular homeowner's product that works throughout your home.
Interested in individual topics instead? Check out our Kitchen Inspiration, Installing Kitchen Cabinets, Kitchen Electrical or Introductions to Tiling, Finishing Carpentry, Flooring & Power Tools classes.
NEW ** want additional practice time using power tools before you class? Purchase Introduction to Power Tools at the same time and receive 50% off the power tools class. Use discount code POWERTOOLS50. (Cannot be combined with any other offer.)
Sign up today! All tools and materials are supplied for each class at the training center. We recommend a Power Tools Starter class first if you are not yet confident with power tools or have never used them.