Release of Liability
Consent for Participation, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, Risk Acknowledgement, Waiver OF CLAIMS and Indemnity for DIY TRAINING CENTER. THIS DOCUMENT WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE AND RECOVER DAMAGES. PLEASE READ PAGES CAREFULLY!
By signing this legal docuement you:
- Indicate that you have understood the risks associated with this activity;
- Agree to assume financial responsibility for any injury or damage resulting from the participation in the activity; and
- Indicate that you have understood and agree to all terms and conditions included in this form.
- Agree that you are assuming 100% responsibility for any additional people that you are also registering under your name.
As a condition for participation in classes and workshops presented at the DIY Training Center OR receiving Advice regarding basic carpentry skills in-home or business, you agree as follows:
- ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS THE UNDERSIGNED IS AWARE AND ACKNOWLEDGES that during DIY Training Center courses, providing these Workshops or Advice in-home or at your place of business, the Individual will engage in various activities including, but not limited to the following (the “Activities”):
- Watching staff demonstrate basic carpentry skills involved in home renovation or woodworking projects.
- Engaging in performing basic carpentry skills involved in home renovation or woodworking projects under the supervision of staff.
- Utilizing hand and power tools.
- Participation may result in heavy lifting or bending.
- Taking direction from staff for basic carpentry skills regarding tasks involved in your home or place of business for renovation or other construction projects and then attempting these skills on their own.
And that relating to said Activities, there may be inherent risks, which risks may include, but not be limited to, the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, theft and property loss.
- COMPLETE RELEASE, WAIVER AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The individual, further agrees:
- To release DIY Training Center, their respective employees, contractors, directors, officers, members, volunteers, caregivers, licensees, agents and assigns from any and all claims for liability due to death, injury, loss or damage suffered or incurred due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence and to waive all legal means of recourse against DIY Training Center for any Cause.
- To indemnify DIY Training Center from and against any and all liability, actions, claims and damages suffered by the Individual and arising from personal injury, death, or loss or damage to property, arising from any Cause, together with all legal costs arising therefrom (including on a solicitor and his own client basis).
The Individual understand that DIY Training Center will not permit participation in Activities either now or in the future unless a complete release, waiver of claim and assumption of risk is given. It is understood that the complete release, waiver of claim and assumption of risk applies to all injuries or claims whether occurring in the near or distant future and whether relating to the Individual, and that the terms of this agreement are binding on the Individual and need not be brought to the Individual’s attention prior to participation in Activities provided DIY Training Center in order to be effective. With the purchase of services provided by the DIY Training Center, it is mandatory that the participant read and agree to this release of liability prior to the purchase.
It is understood that this agreement affects the legal rights and liabilities of the Individual, or those of their successors and assigns. All parties hereto consider this agreement to be a contract or a part of a contract for necessary services provided by DIY Training Center. If any wording of this agreement shall be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall attach only to such wording and shall not affect the remainder of the agreement.
Tools, products, materials, techniques, building codes and local regulations change; therefore, the DIY Training Center assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any personal project for the registered participates of any course or workshop presented by the DIY Training Center. The participant must always exercise reasonable caution, follow current codes and regulations that may apply, and is urged to consult with a licensed professional if in doubt about any procedures.
Parents or guardians registering children under the age of 18 will assume all responsibility for their minor.
It is agreed to that the participant will allow for pictures and videos for use on social media by the DIY Training Center.