RENOVATE YOUR BATHROOM WITH OUR MULTI-DAY WORKSHOPS!
Time for a bathroom remodel?
Select our 4 Day Bathroom Reno Workshop and receive the following classes:
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Introduction to Tiling FULL DAY to include floors!
- Introduction to Finishing Carpentry
Save $340 over taking these classes individually.
If you are up to the challenge and looking for hands-on renovation training from real professionals with practical renovation knowledge, then this is the course for you. We have taken all of our favorite homeowner topics that relate to a bathroom renovation and packaged everything together in 4 concentrated days for our students to maximize their efforts on getting their renovations started.
Over the 4 days, we will be covering hooking-up your bathroom fixtures including toilets, showers, tubs, faucet, installing your vanity, drywall and tile board installation, bathroom electrical topics and introductions to tiling, power tools and flooring.
Bathroom Fixtures Topics:
- demo - yes, there are steps to think about before you start!
- standard plumbing - one step at a time, learn to update your plumbing.
- drywall installation and mudding/taping- proper drywall installation. Yes, there is blue & green & tile board!
- fixtures installations - follow our steps to install your toilet, sink and shower!
- vanity - we will help you whether you are replacing a vanity or installing a brand new one.
Bathroom Electrical Topics:
- Gain the skills and knowledge to feel confident to complete your home electrical project.
- All the necessary tools for planning your home electrical projects.
- Electrical safety
- Reading wiring diagrams
- Electrical code rules
- Practical, hands-on exercises:
- Using testing equipment to measure for voltage
- Change lighting configuration (Vanity light over mirrors)
- Updating your razor outlet to GFCI
- Adding a timer to your fan
- Replacing a fan
- Most important, do's and don'ts of homeowner's electrical safety.
Home Improvement Topics:
- Introductions to Power Tools – beginners or advanced, instruction and practice, practice!
- Introduction to Tiling – steps and tips and tricks for walls and floors.
Interested in individual topics instead? Check out our Bathroom Fixtures, Installing Drywall, Introductions to Tiling & Flooring, Power Tools, Bathroom Electrical classes or our Weekday BATHROOM & Weekender BATHROOM.
Door Hanging, and Accent Walls would be useful as well! Have a look at these too.
NEW ** want additional practice time using power tools before you class? Purchase Introduction to Power Tools at the same time and receive 50% off the power tools class. Use discount code POWERTOOLS50.
Both my husband and I were blown away by both the Electrical and the Renovation Maximizer courses. In one week we learned how to (take a deep breath)…properly do an electrical installation, use power tools safely, put up stud framing, insulate and vapour barrier, put up drywall, hang a door, finish casing and baseboards, take out and install a bathtub, toilet and vanity, do basic plumbing installations, properly waterproof a tub surround, lay down flooring, and tile, as well as learning what tools and products are best for the job. Phew! I cannot say enough about the knowledge, skill, and generosity of the teachers. This is going to save us a lot of money! I would absolutely recommend the DIY Training Center. Ivonne P. Student Aug 2022
Sign up today! All tools and materials are supplied for each class at the training center. We recommend an Introduction to Power Tools class first if you are not yet confident with power tools or have never used them.