Be Your Own Handyman (or Handywoman!)
Not everything needs to be done by hiring a handyman! If you want to fix your home by yourself then you can do it with our General Home Maintenance course. Just think of how adding some basic DIY home repair skills to your own skill-set can save you hundreds of $$$ just on your first call to a handyman. Even a novice can jump right into our training and become confident right away!
Usually a weekday evening set over 4 weeks on for 3 hrs from 6PM to 9PM but other class time options may come up occassionaly. (No refunds or credits given for missed classes but the instructor will work with you to have you catch up in class if you happen to miss.)
Types of practical skills you will learn with this course:
- Learn the correct tools for the job
- Hand tools instruction
- Power tools instruction
Changing out a tap
- How to unblock your sink
- Taking out and re-installing your toilet
- Installing new door hardware
- Drywall repairs
- Door repairs (sticky doors, broken hinges, not catching)
- Caulking and grout fixing
- Basic plumbing repairs
- Correct fixings & hardware for mounting and hanging on walls (TV's/shelves/pictures)
- Assembling Ikea tables
- Pro painting tips
Basic home fixups!
- (Topics subject to change)
Sign up today! All tools and materials are supplied for each class at the training center.