MAXIMIZE YOUR RENO'S WITH OUR MULTI-DAY WORKSHOPS!
Select our 5 Day Renovation MAXIMIZER Workshop Monday to Friday and receive the following classes:
- Framing Walls (Monday)
- Installing Drywall (Tuesday)
- Installing Doors (Tuesday)
Bathroom Fixtures (Wednesday & Thursday)
- Introduction to Tiling (Thursday)
- Introduction to Flooring (Friday)
- Introduction to Finishing Carpentry (Friday)
Save $540 over taking these classes individually.
If you are up to the challenge and looking for hands-on renovation training from real professionals with practical renovation knowledge, then this is the course for you. We have taken all of our favourite homeowner topics and packaged everything together in 5 concentrated days for our students to maximize their efforts on getting their renovations started.
Over the 5 days, we will be covering starting your framing walls, drywall and door installation, the steps to renovate your bathroom including hookups for bathroom fixtures, introductions to tiling and finishing carpentry, flooring and power tools.
Basement Development Topics:
- laying out and planning - what to think about when you start looking at your space.
- wall framing - learn to set your basement walls like a PRO!
- insulation and vapor barrier - tips to install it right.
- boxing in duct work - building and installing those 'ladders'.
- creating door openings - learning to figure out those rough frame openings!
- hanging doors - tips and tricks from veteran carpenters who have been hanging doors for years that will save you time and frustration.
- installing drywall and mudding and taping - learn to do it properly and it will make your life easier!
Bathroom Renovation Topics:
- demo - yes, there are steps to think about before you start!
- standard plumbing - one step at a time, learn to update your plumbing.
- drywall - proper drywall installation. Yes, there is blue & green & tile board!
- fixtures installations - follow our steps to install your toilet, sink and shower!
- vanity - we will help you whether you are replacing a vanity or installing a brand new one.
Home Improvement Topics:
- Introductions to Power Tools – beginners or advanced, instruction and practice, practice!
- Introduction to Tiling – steps and tips and tricks.
Introduction to Baseboards and Casing - outside corners, inside corners, mitres!
- Introduction to Flooring - learn to lay vinyl plank - awesome product for homeowners!
Interested in individual topics instead? Check out our Framing Walls, Installing Doors & Drywall, Bathroom Fixtures, Introduction to Tiling & Flooring, Finishing Carpentry & Power Tools classes or our Weekday BATHROOM & BASEMENT.
NEW ** want additional practice time using power tools before you class? Purchase Introduction to Power Tools at the same time and receive 50% off the power tools class. Use discount code POWERTOOLS50.
Both my husband and I were blown away by both the Electrical and the Renovation Maximizer courses. In one week we learned how to (take a deep breath)…properly do an electrical installation, use power tools safely, put up stud framing, insulate and vapour barrier, put up drywall, hang a door, finish casing and baseboards, take out and install a bathtub, toilet and vanity, do basic plumbing installations, properly waterproof a tub surround, lay down flooring, and tile, as well as learning what tools and products are best for the job. Phew! I cannot say enough about the knowledge, skill, and generosity of the teachers. This is going to save us a lot of money! I would absolutely recommend the DIY Training Center. Ivonne P. Student Aug 2022
Sign up today! All tools and materials are supplied for each class at the training center.