Introduction to Deck Building
Need a new deck? Don't delay because contractor costs will be out of your reach - plan to DO IT YOURSELF!
Just imagine the BBQ's, the beers and the sunshine! Your new deck with be your spring, summer & fall gathering place for your family.
Don’t waste endless hours searching the internet for the answers and watching a video hundred times to catch how the presenter is doing something. Learn yourself from the pros at the DIY Training Center. All of our classes at the DIY Training Center are hands-on learning where you participate in all aspects of building a deck from start to finish.
- planning - think about what you want to do ON your deck to determine the size and structure.
- materials - consider your choices for cost and maintenance.
- foundation - it all starts with a solid foundation.
- framing - your deck needs a proper footing and solid framing. Learn the steps and practice here HANDS-ON.
- decking boards - ever heard of picture framing a deck?
- stairs and railings - tips and tricks for proper installation.
You will walk away from this day course with a solid understanding of deck building and the confidence to get yours started today.
Sign up today! All tools and materials are supplied for each class at the training center. We recommend an Introduction to Power Tools class first if you are not yet confident with power tools or have never used them.