Time to START your basement development and need some guidance?
Just IMAGINE your finished basement after all your hard work and effort!!
Save $20 over taking these classes individually and snag a coveted weekend class time! Combine with Weekender BATHROOM and save even more!
But first, let the professionals at the DIY Training Center help you with some guidance, planning and hands-on training before you start your basement development project!
Come join us over a weekend as we cover some of the main aspects that you will need to go through when you start your basement development. You will receive HANDS-ON training for learning the main principles of laying out and planning, interior wall framing, insulation and vapor barrier, boxing in duct work, creating door openings, hanging doors, installing drywall, starter mudding/taping and finishing off with finishing carpentry.
We provide an experience into your renovation journey…not just a class of lecturing.
Click through the pictures to see the classes in action and then SIGN up below TODAY to get your basement started NOW!
1. laying out and planning - what to think about when you start looking at your space.
2. wall framing - learn to set your basement walls like a PRO!
3. insulation and vapor barrier - tips to install it right.
4. boxing in duct work - building and installing those 'ladders'.
5. creating door openings - learning to figure out those rough frame openings!
6. hanging doors - tips and tricks from veteran carpenters who have been hanging doors for years that will save you time and frustration.
7. installing drywall and mudding and taping - learn to do it properly and it will make your life easier.
8. finishing carpentry - introduction to baseboards and casing - outside corners, inside corners, mitres, coping!
Words from our students:
"Took the basement development course a few weeks ago. Showed me how to start and the basics on how to build walls, insulation, drywall installation, door installation. Totally worth it. Saved me a lot of time in figuring out how to do things. Would strongly recommend." Eric. G